Tuesday 12 June 2012

MY PRECIOUS





This little project was born out of never being able to find my rings! They didn't have a home so I thought it was about time I made them one. I may just need to do a series on them along the wall :)

If you're wanting to make one of these you'll need:
A small sheet of foam/rubber, an embroidery hoop, fabric, spray adhesive, a craft knife, pencil, needle and thread and... rings!





1. Start by tracing around the inside of the inner embroidery hoop on to your foam/rubber.
2. Use this line as a guide to cut out your circle.
3. Put your foam/rubber circle into the inner hoop and add your fabric over top.
4. Cut your fabric, making sure there is enough material to be able to secure it at the back.
5. With a pencil, trace out what you would like to stitch onto your hoop.
6. Get stitching!

7. Spray the back of your fabric with spray adhesive. Don't be shy here, if it doesn't stick to the foam/rubber very well then it will deteriorate when you take your rings in and out.
8. Attach your fabric to your embroidery hoop and make sure everything is tucked in at the back.
9. Mark out where you want to insert your ings.
10. Use a craft knife to cut slices where you have marked.
11. Add your rings and attach to your wall :)





12 comments:

  1. I love this! Such an adorable idea, and I'm lovin the vintage chic vibe. I always lose my rings as well, so I'm so glad I stumbled upon this solution! I'm planning out my embroidery as we speak!
    xoxo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant! And it's so lovely and customizable, I would totally make this for a friend. Everyone's always looking for pretty ways to display jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea! Definitely a DIY birthday gift my friend would love! And maybe I should make one for myself as well :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super pretty! I think I need to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever! I am definitely gonna give this a bash ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I need a better way to organize my rings too! I need to stop losing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! In need of a few of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks amazing!
    check out my blog maybe?
    idkmatilda.blogspot.com Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. 안전놀이터 You’ve got knowlege about everything that’s why I love this site! Very useful and helpful.. Try browsing my website to gather some information.. Will appreciated it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your site is very good.
    My site shows Kpop’s music video.
    If you have time, what do you think about visiting once? 한국야동

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to look it over. 섯다사이트


    I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Fantastic blog and wonderful design and style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for commenting! -Tori xx